9ft Mahogany President's Resolute Office Desk w/ Genuine Leather Top (MBWD500-CS-LW-NC-9FT)
This item can be customized ANY way you like - request a quote
9ft Mahogany Leather Top Presidential Oval Office Resolute Desk
Dimensions: 31.5H x 108"W x 52.75D inches
This large 9ft solid mahogany Presidential Resolute Desk by Mahogany Mills is a gorgeous replica of the Presidential Desk used in the Oval Office of the White House. The desk was originally given to President Rutherford B. Hayes by British Queen Victoria in appreciation for the return to Great Britain of HMS Resolute, a British Arctic exploring ship which became encased in the Arctic ice on a mission to find British Arctic explorer Rear Admiral John Franklin. Franklin had been on a search for the fabled Northwest Passage. After several years without word from Franklin or his party, the British organized search expeditions to try and determine what had happened to Franklin’s mission. The HMS Resolute was one of the ships on expedition and became encased in an ice flow in August 1853. When the ship was still stuck the following spring, it was ordered abandoned. While the British Government claimed ownership of the vessel, no salvage operation was undertaken. In September 1855 the ship was discovered adrift by an American whaler. It was sailed to New London, Connecticut, later purchased by the US Government, refitted and returned to Britain in 1856. It was retired in 1879 and its timbers were used for salvage.
From the timbers, Queen Victoria ordered four desks built. One was given to President Rutherford B. Hayes in 1880 where it was used by several Presidents in the Oval Office including FDR, John Kennedy, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama and Donald Trump.
Our Resolute Presidential Desk is made from plantation grown and certified legal mahogany and can be finished in an assortment of colors and finishes, and finished with a plain wood top or with leather inlays.
- Premium grade solid plantation mahogany wood (kiln dried)
- Stain: Walnut
- Finish: Lacquer
- Desk-top has 3 black genuine leather panel inserts
- Filing drawers can accommodate legal size letters only
- Knee clearance: 24H x 25W
- Each side has 3 drawers and 2 cabinets
- Brass plaque on center drawer with inscription
- One cabinet on each side has 2 drawers
- Front has removable panel with door
- Eagle crest at the center cabinet door
- Gadroon carved trim
- Ornately carved Acanthus details
- Corinthian fluted columns
- Dovetail drawers
- Superb hand-crafted quality
- Breaks into 4 sections
- Weight: 488 lbs
- By Mahogany Mills
- Available also in solid teak wood or reclaimed teak wood (please contact us for a quote)
FREE SHIPPING applies to 48 Continental United States only, does not include Hawaii, Alaska, or US Territories.
ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGES
Additional shipping charges will apply to the following locations for shipments by a Common Carrier Truck Line. Please let us know in advance if you live in the locations below so we can get a shipping quote with a suitable carrier. If your order does incur additional shipping fees, any returns will also incur additional fees. Additional charges will not apply to smaller items that ship USPS.
- Islands and locations which require a ferry toll
- Remote areas and heavily congested cities not readily accessible by delivery vehicle
- Locations which require freight to be flown or barged in
Smaller items will ship UPS; larger furniture items will be freight shipped. All standard freight delivery will be shipped by Curbside Delivery service.
Standard Curbside Delivery
- One delivery person. They may require your assistance for large/oversized items.
- We advise that you enlist help to move the package inside.
- Delivery of your new furniture as closest to your garage or front door as possible (given that access to those areas is not obstructed.)
- Does not include moving package inside, assembly, or box removal.
- FREE to Continental USA 48 states (except Hawaii, Alaska, islands and remote areas.)
Estimated shipping times from receipt of payment to delivery to Continental USA. Shipping time is subject to change depending on stock availability. Items ordered together may be shipped separately on rare occasions. Upon shipment of your order, you will be notified via email of the carrier bringing your item, as well as package tracking information.
- Standard orders/In Stock: 1-4 weeks
- Furniture Care Items: 2-5 Business Days
- Small items (Non Furniture Care):7-10 Business Days
- Furniture: 2-4 weeks
- White Glove Delivery: 4-6 weeks (due to the level of service please allow extra time for White Glove Delivery over standard shipping)
- Backordered items: 4-8 weeks
- International Orders: Please be aware that while we ship out international orders in the time quoted, shipments may be delayed due to Customs/Clearance.